Saturday, June 7, 2008

Spring In The South


Each part of our great country has its own way of introducing spring. Here in Mississippi some of the first signs of spring are the blooming of the Azaleas. Azaleas come in a variety of colors. The Wisteria also bloom at about the same time and give the appearance of grapes.


I took these photos around my neighborhood. Since I walk every morning, I decided to take my trusty camera and take photos of what I see at different times of the year to give you an idea of what it looks like down here in the South.

These are just a few of the Azaleas. They are literally all over the South.


This is the Wisteria. It's a vine and will run wild if not controlled. As you can see it can be trained. A lot of people will use it around arbors and decks and let it run up and over. It can create a nice covering or roof for an arbor.


I know Roses are found all over the country but I would be severely chastised and sent to bed without my supper if I didn't include my wife Teresa's climbing Roses.

No comments: